What Are The Side Effects of Skin Needling?
With a change in season, your skin is ready for a textural turnover. Dullness and uneven texture can leave you feeling and looking fab to drab. Skin Needling gives you back your glow by resurfacing and reviving your skin’s natural rejuvenation process.
However the thought of the side effects from Skin Needling may seem overwhelming so we answer your questions: let’s begin by understanding the process.
What is Skin Needling?
Skin Needling stimulates the rejuvenation of the skin through the use of innovative MediPro technology. An automated head of microneedles safely puncture the outer layer of the skin, triggering the body’s natural collagen production, effectively targeting priorities such as dullness, uneven skin tone and acne scars.
With frequent exposure to the sun, environmental pollutants or even the body’s natural ageing process, natural elastin, hyaluronic acid, collagen production levels diminish which results in lacklustre, sagging skin.
Is Skin Needling Suitable for My Skin?
Skin Needling is suited to most skin tones and types. Dependant on your priorities this must have treatment targets
- Large open pores
- Dryness and dehydration
- Acne scarring
- Pigmentation and uneven skin tone
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines
- Promotes collagen production
- Offers overall rejuvenation
- Lacklustre skin
Does Skin Needling Tear My Skin?
No, however Dermarollers do. The mechanical rolling movement of microneedles at an angle creates ‘tearing’ wounds. Using the innovative MediPro pen technology which comprises of an automated head of microneedles, tiny micro wounds are made into the skin which then stimulates the body’s natural production of collagen. Compared to Dermarollers, Skin Needling is performed by qualified clinical therapists who provide aftercare support.
– Can be done at home
– Quality of the components in the device used is not guaranteed
– No after care provided
– Repairs and renews the cells from within
– Stimulates collagen
– Uses innovative technology performed by fully qualified therapist
– Aftercare provided
– Can be combined with LED Light Therapy treatments to accelerate the downtime and maximise the benefits
What are The Potential Side Effects of Skin Needling?
Temporary side effects that will subside within 24-48 hours post treatment may include:
- Keep the area hydrated with Results Active Moist or Medik8 Hydr8 B5
- Apply Results Active Recovery Gel to soothe and calm the skin
- Increased sensitivity
- Redness which may last up to 72 hours
After a week you may also experience flaking of the skin. This is common as your skin is making way for fresh new skin cells!
What to Avoid After Skin Needling
- Prolonged exposure to sun
- Using products that contain AHA, BHA or Vitamin A
- Use cool water only when washing the face
- Swimming pools & spas
- Excessive sweating from physical activities
Aftercare for Skin Needling
Results Active Protect SPF50+ is a MUST post treatment to nourish and protect your skin from the sun. Lightweight and moisturising, it’s recommended that it’s used daily. To help soothe and cool the skin, ask about Results Active Recovery Gel.
LED Light Therapy is highly recommended after Skin Needling for its healing properties. Wavelengths of LED Light energy are deeply penetrated into the skin to accelerate healing, promote cellular renewal, soothes redness and encourages skin rejuvenation. It also prolongs your treatment results!
Results Laser Clinics is one of Australia’s most trusted provider of Laser Hair Removal, Skin treatments & Cosmetic Injectables. Results Laser Clinic is available nationally & are committed to delivering results that make you look & feel your best.