Get in touch with us
Dimples on your cheeks: grin
Dimples on your thighs: grim
With most women experiencing this dimply dilemma sometime in their life, can cellulite really go away?
What are the causes of cellulite?
Cellulite occurs when fat cells push against connective tissue, resulting in the appearance of lumpy, dimply skin. The main causes include:
- Composition of cells in females and males
In comparison to men, the fat cells and connective tissues are arranged vertically in women. When these fat cells protrude into the layer of skin, this gives a bumpy and often dimpled appearance.Male vs Female Fat CellsMale fat cells represented by the circles are encased by a crisscross series of chambersFemale fat cells are encased in cube like chambersWhen gaining weight, the enlarged fat cells cause the chambers to stretch evenlyWhen gaining weight, the enlarged fat cells push up into the skin.
- Genetic factors
The genetic makeup of an individual affects their distribution of fat underneath the skin, speed of metabolism and circulatory levels which can affect the chance of cellulite developing. Can cellulite go away with changes to diet and exercise?
A balanced diet and regular exercise can improve the general health of your skin. However, it does not reduce the amount of cellulite present beneath the skin. That being said, don’t drop your dumbbells or go on a snack binge as a healthy diet and regular exercise can enhance the body’s healing capabilities and your skin’s overall appearance.
Some benefits of a balanced diet and regular exercise include:
- Less stress and anxiety
Did you know that symptoms of acne can get worse during periods of stress?
- Better immunity and detoxification
H20, just add water! As simple as it sounds, water is one of the main and vital components to healthy skin and bodily functions. Skip the sugary drinks and say hello to glowing skin!
Moreover, staying well hydrated improves your overall skin texture, reducing the appearance of wrinkles and uneven bumps.
- Less visceral fats
Located deep inside your body, excess visceral fat causes low grade inflammation in the body. With regular exercise, the body is trained to burn visceral fat more easily.
As you can see, whilst a healthy diet and regular exercise can’t eliminate the presence of cellulite beneath the skin, it can ultimately enhance the body’s recovery systems as well as improve the skin’s overall appearance.
As they say, teamwork makes the dream work! Combined with a healthy diet and regular exercise, the Cellulite Reduction Treatment is effective in reducing cellulite as well as promoting additional benefits such as:
- Skin tightening
- Detoxification of your body
- Enhanced blood circulation
- Skin rejuvenation
- Lifting, toning and firming of the muscles
Cellulite reduction treatment
Cellulite reduction treatment utilises the energy from Radio Frequency Energy to stimulate fat cells and collagen production. Using the innovative Pollogen Trilipo RF technology, in 3 easy steps.
- Firstly, heat is generated to target fat cells before metabolising and released by using Radio Frequency technology.
- The removal of the released fat occurs via a lymphatic drainage. Due to the fat being turned into energy, a minimum of 20 minutes of exercise is recommended post treatment to help with this process.
- Immediate collagen contractions are prompted, stimulating its production, resulting in the diminished appearance of cellulite. You are left with a smoother surface
What is the aftercare?
- Drink lots of water and maintain intake levels to ensure overall hydration
- Anywhere between immediately after or within 2 hours post treatment, engage in a minimum of 20 minutes cardio exercise to aid in the detoxification of the liquefied fat cells.
- Avoid excessive scrubbing
Skincare doesn’t just stop post treatment
If skin treatments meant that we could stop caring about our skin once we walked out of a session, this blogpost wouldn’t be here. Exposure to environmental pollutants and the sun is unavoidable as we go about our day but we can change that with sunscreen and a balanced skincare routine to maintain our skin’s health. Results Active Protect SPF 50+ is a skincare staple as it moisturises and protects the skin against the harsh rays from the Australian sun. Simply apply to clean, dry skin 15 minutes prior to sun exposure and reapply after exercise.
Results Laser Clinics is one of Australia’s most trusted provider of Laser Hair Removal, Skin treatments & Cosmetic Injectables. Results Laser Clinic is available nationally & are committed to delivering results that make you look & feel your best.